Monday, January 16, 2012

Another weekend over...

Well, my list of goals for last week didn't really see enough get done.  I don't know if I bit off more than I could chew, or if I just didn't work hard enough.  I did okay, just not great.  I did get my task basket done, the pattern can be found here at Sew4Home.  It can't be seen very well, but the dress form fabric is it.  It is nice and big without being unwieldy. I am hoping to make a couple more with out pockets for laundry!  I did finish older son's dresser scarf, the red and black; and mine, the pink and brown.  Now all the dressers except the girls are done.  YAY!!  The two boxes are to go with the others for the school bazaar.  My goal is to get 20 boxes made for the bazaar. 
Please don't mind the camera dates.  I never did learn how to set it!  To busy taking pictures! :)


Below is younger daughter's hand & nail box she did for the fundraiser.   I think it made $30, and several bids, so it was successful.  She did not use any filler at all.  That thing was stuffed!!!  She was afraid people would think it was "stupid" because it was put together by an 11 year old.  But all the ladies bidding on it were really impressed!



 And this last picture is older son's quilt.  He picked the pattern and fabric, and he loves it.  It is lap sized, so he carries it around the house with him. He's 15!! :)  I would say a successful project! And brings the total of completes projects up to 6!


We did get some of the trees cut up and hauled off, in fact I think all we have left is some wood to split.  We still need to hang dry wall in the laundry room, but my comic geek hubby is trying to stay with in a deadline for a comic he drawing.  And that's okay, because this summer he is all mine!!

I am not sure I have any specific goals for the up coming week.  Get home school assignments graded,  probably fiddle around sewing, but I am at the point where almost everything needs a trip to the store to finish it.  Not enough fabric, or needs interfacing, or lining fabric, or SOMETHING!  And the fabric store just isn't in the budget this week.   I will practice patience and if it gets too bad, I think there are some rolled coins around here somewhere!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment