Monday, August 13, 2012

I am done painting!!!

For this summer anyways!  Both the girls' room and S1's room are done!  Now I just need to get more trim!  I am thinking that I can get one length a week between now and the end of summer, and that should do it.  Here is S1's "new" room.


This was taken the night the paint had finished curing. Which is also the night before he came home from his 50-miler hike!  I cut it a little close there!  It looked so clean before he moved his stuff back in!

I also made some cordials this past week.  I really enjoyed the simplicity of chop, dump, mix!  And I LOVE how they look all lined up on the counter to do their thing for the next few weeks!


The raspberries are from a friend's garden, and I had to breakdown and buy cherries and blackberries.  My garden just isn't doing so well this year.  We did get peas in, and I did a second planting of those to see if we could get more.  But that is "extra" in my mind. 

The only sewing I got done was some mending.  But it got stuff put away and I got to play with my machine.  So it was something, and that is better than nothing.  This week, I'd like to get all of S1's stuff out of the living room, and maybe get a quilt basted. That may depend on the weather though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment