Monday, August 5, 2013

Big plans, little time!

I finished nothing last week.  Came close a couple of times, but either ran out of time or ran out of supplies.  We got most of the carport painted, and then we got rain.  Which is a good thing, we needed it. But....it messed up my plans.  So we sort of started getting the house ready for canning, but didn't get around to actually canning until yesterday.  A whole three jars done.  And for the first time, I had jars not seal.  So I haven't decided whether to let the kids eat it all up, or if I want to re-process them.  It was a shame, as I only had enough goodies for 1 batch of strawberry-kiwi jam.  I guess we'll see how much the kids like it, and go from there. Today was cherry-raspberry jam, and again, we only ended up with enough produce for one batch.  I am really hoping the blackberries are good this year. 

I have a dress to finish this week, as well as some Christmas presents to get started on.  And D2's flower garland! Must not forget that!  But I have no idea what will actually happen.  I had plans last week too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment