Monday, August 19, 2013

If only I had the RIGHT color of ribbon!

So I got a bit of sewing done last week.  And I was on track to finish the projects by Saturday, but then came the part where I stitched the casing and threaded the ribbon.  I had made a couple of drawstring bags to carry my yarn in, as well as a couple for wrapping Christmas gifts and one for my best friend.  They were the perfect size to hold the yarn and crochet hook when waiting at the doctor's office or for the kids to finish their activities.   I had ribbon to finish ONE!

 
The other four need ribbon that matches so I can finish. I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as grocery, though.  I am planning on finishing them this week.  I also finished another dishcloth, and I think there are more around here somewhere. However, after school shopping, I can't find much else besides packs of paper and pens and markers!

This week, aside from the bags, I am planning on doing some quilted boxes, and more dishcloths.  I have a big bin of blue/yellow/green fabrics I am working my through, almost all bought for projects for my best friend. So now she will be getting an assortment of handmade household things that all match! I'll probably do two of each project since I probably want one to, just in different colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment