Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Life without a computer!

Was, well, pretty great!  Our computer "lost" a file, and we couldn't use it for a week.  It was quite possibly the best week all year! I wish I had gotten more done, but we had a weird school week.  I got quite a bit of house work done, as well as starting and almost finishing a quilt.


I love how bright and colorful this is.  This and the cat quilt I finished last month were commissioned by a friend who loves cats and brights.  She STUFFED a box with her selected fabrics and sent it to me.  And by stuffed, I mean fabric popped out when we opened it.  It is now a little pile scraps! 

With the computer being down, I did some rummaging around the house, and found these frames in the garage.  I painted them and gave them a wash of green, and I hope to have them done by this weekend. 


The big one will get cork.  If the kids get the fridge, DH gets the basement, I think this is perfect for ME!  I think I have decided were it will hang, but I need to make sure there are studs in the wall first.


This little one is getting a cross stitch piece in the upper opening, and chicken wire in the lower opening.  I'm not sure were it is going yet.  I really just wanted someplace to hang little projects that I've accumulated over the last couple years.  Most notably all those cute little Mollie Makes key-chain/charm kits that come with the magazine.  Maybe I'll finish them if I have somewhere to put them! 

This week I am finishing the quilt, my goal being to mail it on Friday, as well as these frames.  I'm not sure what is next.  Christmas projects?  Digging around in the garage some more?  I may find other neat things to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment