Saturday, January 7, 2012

Quote for my weekend focus...

 "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris

I am using this quote, along with "keep the best and get rid of the rest" to help guide my weekend housekeeping. We already sent 5 boxes to the local Goodwill and another 2 are getting filled as we speak.  Perfectly good stuff, but it doesn't fit the "keep it" criteria.  Now we have run to one big and rather funny problem: there are 6 of us.  One daughter loves pink, the other hates it.  They share a room.  One son loves Asian inspired things.  I can't stand it, so it better stay in his room.  The other son believes EVERYTHING is useful and I don't see the use of the beat up cardboard Lego box. I like big, comfy, multifunction furniture; my husband is a minimalist.  I am quite sure we will never have a Better Home & Garden house, but sometimes I think "eclectic" can go too far.  I am not even sure where some of the stuff comes from, since we don't do a lot of shopping.  Another fun (perhaps the funnest) aspect is looking at something and wondering "can I make this beautiful thing useful" or "can I make this useful thing beautiful."  But maybe that's a mess to clean up next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment