Monday, January 23, 2012

Unexpected vacation....

We had snow.  We did not have school.  We had chaos and noise and snowball fights.  We did not have homework.  It was fun, and I'm supposed to want to be done with the snow, and glad the kids are back in school. But I'm not.  I loved the snow. I loved getting to spend time with the kids on our terms. No scouts, karate, Sunday School, or school.  Now, as much as there is value in those things, it just gets really old running life according to those schedules.   I hated dropping the kids off today, even though they were screaming for joy the whole way there.  At least they like where they go to school, right?

Now, onto the things I actually got done last week.  I'll start by saying nailing the Mr. with snowball is worth 10 finished projects.  So not much got done.  Below is a shelf I had sitting in my bathroom for MONTHS.  What was it with the heart cutouts??  So I covered the heart up with a label and a bird sticker. I have no idea where it will go, since the art room doubles as our dining room.  Which is almost fair since the rec room doubles as the Mr.'s art studio.  I also finished a desk set for a dear friend who is opening her own counseling office.  She has coasters, a perpetual calender, and a charging station.

These little guys are D2's art class project.  She is doing a diorama about a scene in Tuck Everlasting.  I'll post a photo of the whole thing a couple of weeks.  After she has turned it in and gotten a grade.



 These are the 3 sewing projects I got done.  The blue basket is for holding pieces to a charm quilt I am working on.  The lower box I made for MY OWN HOUSE!!  I thought it would be a handy spot for all the nail care items.  I hate digging all over the house for a pair of clippers or a nail file. The upper box will go with the stash for the school bazaar.  I want to have 20 of them for the bazaar.  I think it'll happen.


 This week I think I will be working on scrap projects.  I have all sorts of scraps around that need to get used up.  I am thinking about starting a stacked coins quilt.  I also want to get some work done in the garage.  I would like to either get rid of it, or be able to park in it.  LOL...we'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment