Monday, January 30, 2012

And another week done...

Last week was just weird.  I am so glad that D2's diorama has been turned in this morning.  The living room seems so empty without it.  It was hard to work around though, with wet paint and all. It came out fantastic, but when I went to get a picture, the camera was dead.  So I will be doing that when it comes home. 

So these are what I finished this week.   There are 3 of the pink baskets, soon there will be a total of 16. They are for the teacher's and staff at school for Valentines.  Another mom is going to fill them with goodies and we'll take them in the morning of.  I thought it would be a handy thing instead of the pile of cards and treats that the children leave on the their desks.  :)  I got the pattern/instructions at Sew4Home, but I altered it a little by putting all the rickrack on the out side, and making handles instead of using ribbon.  The ribbon was cute and showy, but I didn't think any sheer ribbon I had would stand up to actual use.  I just cut 2inch by 11 inch strips, sewed them right sides together, turn, and press. 

The LOVE banner is made from scraps from the baskets.  It will hang in the middle of the room they have hot lunch the day after Valentines.  There are 80 hearts cut out on the dining room table that I am going to make bouquets with.  I don't want any of the Valentine fabric left over!!  :) I also finished 5 coffee wraps to go into the Bazaar stash, and made the kids a basket for all the card games like Uno and Skippo.  Now, if the cards fall out of the box, they are still contained.  And I used up every bit of the playing card fabric I had.  YAY!!


February is almost here, and it has it's own list of things I want to accomplish.  I didn't get everything done this month that I had wanted, but I came close.  The only thing I didn't finish was S1's bed quilt.  That is admittedly a bit more of a project than coffee wraps.  So now I have 2 quilts I want to finish in February. It is definitely easier when you can get the momentum going and not have any bumps to slow you down.  Now it's off to work I go....I need to get the baskets done, so plan on seeing the rest of them next week.

PAX
Latin for "peace"

No comments:

Post a Comment