Friday, March 29, 2013

"Granola chic" my husband says

I have problem.  I am naturally disorganized.  And I like every thing and nothing.  I go to the office store in town and it is full of beautiful office things.  They really are lovely.  But I don't like them.  Not enough to buy and bring home.  But I need to do something.  I LIKE just running to the store and picking something up.  If I don't like it, I know what glue and paint are for!  LOL!  But then it's always put on the backburner while I work on "real" projects.  But I was losing my mind and supplies.  And my husband doesn't like that very much.  I can get pretty crabby.

So, the solution, according to my amazing husband, is I can have any storage I want as long as it is almost free.  The "almost" is because he knows what happens when we run out of glue or sealer!  (I am pretty sure he believes it will be short lived organization!) So I started with my pens and specialty markers that others (not just the kids) keep stealing.  I had so many pretty things to layer on, the only thing I had to buy was lunch!  Everything used was courtesy of a box I found in a drawer.  And Dinty Moore.

Regular pens and pencils go in No.1 and specialty pens and markers go in No.2.



One little thing down and 100's more to go. 

After I got these done, then I started second guessing my self.  If my organization is visual, it needs to look, well, organized.  Do I go with a theme?  No, I don't love anything enough for all to be butterflies or pansies or whatever.  What about style?  Do I have a style? Is it shabby chic?  Hippy chick?  It's a little too matchy for boho, and so not industrial.  At this point, I have other stuff to do and I am getting crabby.  Too much introspection at that point. So DH looks at me and says "it's granola chic."  I guess since the man is an artist himself, and he actually pays attention to style and movements and whatever,  we can call it whatever he wants.  The cutest part is when he has to explain to me what he means by granola chic.  I ask at least once a day!

I suppose I ought to go and actually put the pens in the holders, and see what else needs a home.  I think I can close my eyes, point a finger, and spin.    Maybe I'll try that!

Sharing this today at Shabby Art Boutique's Shabbilicious Friday

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday this week Danielle. I really enjoyed this post and I'm tipping you already know I'm a shabby chic loving gal.

    ReplyDelete