Monday, April 15, 2013

Ha! Life is normal again!!

My darling husband was on vacation last week.  And sick.  The poor man moped around the house the whole week, and while he did hang two planters, by Saturday I was a nutcase!  My whole list of things he doesn't do on his days off had to dropped.  When I finally started doing them myself, I was reminded why I needed him to do them.  So some of them were half-started, or half-finished, which of course leads to a worse situation than just not doing them!  Now that he is back to work, he is much better. 

The kids and I did get the carport cleaned out.  It was amazing how much they got done in 2 hours.  DH cleaned his BBQ while we were out there, since it had gotten to the point where I wasn't eating anything off of it.  And he didn't want to be miserable alone.  The best part was that I can almost park the van in it!  Just a couple of pieces of furniture need to go away!

As for OPAM finishes, this week was better then last, if only because DH spend a day watching Dr. Who with S2.   First, I finished a cover for S1.

Another orphan block has a home!  The original quilt for his room was going to be made in this block, but neither of us could handle the waste of fabric.  The block was really cool, but we all really hate waste around here. (Which explains why my scrap basket is always so full!)

My other finishes were sachets I made because I wanted to have something a little girly around.
My favorite is the square one, and I am making more for the etsy shop.  If only because I have so much lavender, and I really liked making the square one.

There are little green sprouts in the garden, and the garden beds are full of dirt for planting, so I am hoping to get that done this week, as well as some more OPAM finishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment