Tuesday, July 16, 2013

An almost empty house

So I accomplished nothing over the last few weeks.  However, I did have some kids who accomplished quite a bit.  D1 went back to her mom's, and managed to pack everything she was supposed to (which can be quite a challenge with teenagers, LOL), S1 finished raising the last of his money for National Jamboree, and out of $4000, only $500 was birthday money from his Grandpa.  S1 didn't know about that (and neither did I) until after he held a last minute, 4th of July weekend yard sale AND he spent all day working the yard sale.  And Grandpa was here to see that he did it.  D2 had a bunch of summer things to take care of before she went to her dad's, and S2 decided to take take dance lessons.  So while part of me is a little frustrated that *I* didn't get anything done, I am pretty happy with what the kids have accomplished.  Now, I just need to get everything back in order after the series of whirlwinds that are yard sales and packing have passed. 

I'd like to spend some time at the sewing machine this week, but with cubbie camp, I may have to wait until next week.  Or September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment