Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I actually finished something!

I haven't had an OPAM finish in a while.  BASH kind of took over my life for a while there, and then I spent a week trying to get the house stuff caught up.  But now, finally, I had some time to sit down and sew.  My first finish was a hotpad.


Not too exciting, but still it's DONE!  And in my house, we never have enough hotpads.  These have stood up rather well to the wear and tear they get.  Much better than the store bought one we have.  Which I am so very slowly replacing.

Next I finished a cute little basket.  I'd like to think I'm really ahead for next year, but the reality is that this has been sitting for a couple of years in a state of almost finished.

I had made several of these for the teachers a couple years back, and wound up cutting out extras.  You know how you get on a roll when strip cutting?  So as I finished them and stacked them up to be filled with goodies, I had an extra.  So I put it away since I was on a deadline and thought I'd finish it the next weekend.  All I had to do to finish it was sew in the lining and add the trim.  D2 decided it needed trim and picked it out for this, since I have more than enough trim to last a lifetime and need to start using it!

I'm not sure what I will accomplish this week.   My plans are small and few.

No comments:

Post a Comment