Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer is here, kids are home, and I am trying not to lose my mind already.  I decided to participate in the Moda Bakeshop Trifle-Dish-Sew-Along, which may have been a dumb decision on my part. Two days to piece each row?  Are they nuts?  I have a partially finished row, and some of the other fabrics picked out.  Part of my reason for doing it was to use up some scraps.  Which leads to a lot of extra work, since I don't buy pre-cuts. 

I did finish a couple of projcts over the last couple of weeks.  First were some Halloween coasters.


The one under the Coke bottle was finished back in February, and I still have 5 more to go.  But they will be ready for Halloween!

I also finished a project back for my wool knitting projects.


My cat LOVES wool yarn, and I have to very conscious about where I put them.  I had this fabric sitting for over 5 years!  I loved it too much to cut, so when I found these handles on sale, I thought perfect.  It is now holding 3 gorgeous balls of wool yarn for a felting project.  And the cat can smell it, but he can't get to it!

And this lovely little cowl will be ready when fall hits.  Which is never very long from June around here.


Lovely, soft, baby alpaca DH got me for Mother's Day.  In as close to olive green as he could get!

This week I'll see about finishing the piece work for Trifle quilt, and maybe finish that felting project.

No comments:

Post a Comment