Tuesday, August 26, 2014

About that great start...

After being off to a great start, my finishes for August fell off.  We had 2 kids coming and going for a couple different events. Also the yard work needed a catch up.  Blah... I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed by all the house stuff that needs to be done.  DH says it doesn't NEED to be done, but things like trim and molding do simplify house work.  Sweeping is usually messier when one has the edge of the flooring to get the broom caught on.  And washing the window is tricky with exposed drywall.  It's all stupid little stuff, but it isn't getting done.  We are on year five, (FIVE!!!!) with a big hole in the rec room wall.  The reason? No one goes down there.  Except for EVERYONE.  It's where the tv is!!! So I've been puttering around trying to work on some these things, while also running the kids around and trying to work on my other projects.   Ok...deep breath.....

I started quilting S2's quilt, and was hoping to have it finished by now. Instead I wound up stripping paint off an old cabinet and prepping it for a new paint job.  I did finish two projects, thanks to their simplicity and portability. First was a scarf for D2.


She wanted it long and skinny. And with a lot of blue.  Thankfully, it finished off a few odds and ends of yarn for me.  After that was a shawl for me! YAY!


I'm not thrilled with it, since it's all scraps of acrylic yarn.  But I do love the colors and it'll keep me warm in the rec room we never use.  It's not quite as bright as the photo looks, the real colors are much more in natural/neutral color scheme. It also finished off some balls of yarn.

I also got the pincushion done for a friend.  She got a cute fabric that was from Western Washington Shop Hop a few years ago.  It has cute sayings all over it.  My favorite is "a clean house is a sign of a broken sewing machine."


She inherited some sewing notions from her MIL and Grandma to fill hers with.

School starts on Tuesday, Scouts the week after, and library club the week after.  We'll see what happens.




No comments:

Post a Comment