Thursday, October 27, 2016

My little challenge project

Last week I had made a commitment to stitch 5 strands a day in cross stitch/embroidery.  In the last seven days, I only failed one day.  It was a crazy busy day, and I was in a lot of pain from the previous day's activities.  It hurt to sit, stand, walk.  I was just  miserable, and I probably wasn't much fun for the family, so then I felt even worse about it.  So it was just a wash.  However, the other six days, I did the 5 minimum or more!  I even finished stitching one of the many projects floating around!

Here is the piece I sort of focused on this past week.  Mostly because it was the one on top of the pile. It will hopefully be a little stocking stuffer for DH.  I was actually starting to wonder if I would get any of these projects done before Christmas, which is kind of what prompted this whole experiment.  That, and I feel like I'm in a place where I'm not growing as a person. I'm not getting better at anything, I'm not doing anything new, I'm not learning anything.  I'm just kind of here. And really, stitching 5 strands a day is kind of stupid, but it forces me to work on time management with out having outside commitments.



When I started my 5-strand stitching, this is where I was in the piece.  Now, 7 days later, I am finished!!! With the stitching, anyways.  That is all I care about right now. Done, done, and DONE!  My stocking will may hold the cute little Mrs version I started after finishing the Mr.  Because even after the all the years we've been us, I still feel like we should be excited and happy about being "us". It's not everyday, that would make me sick with the gooey-ness.  But once in a while. 


And in the pile, I found this little key-chain kit.  Still unopened, still with it's magazine it came with.  But I love the pattern, so even though it's not destined for a Christmas present, it's getting worked when I don't work on the Mrs.  But I like it.  I may even have a little frame for it go in.  I think the wood medium with a metal frame would look great on my desk. 

Now, off to decide if I "owe" 5 strands for the day I missed, or I if I need to practice letting it go.  Which I have a had a harder time with ever since that stupid movie.  My stubborn side rears it's ugly head and screams "NO. NO WE DON'T WANT TO LET IT GO AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO LET IT GO!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment