Friday, November 4, 2016

Week 2 of my little goal

Since I am now halfway through my month long goal of stitching 5 strands a day, I have come to the conclusion that Saturdays don't work.  There just isn't enough time. In light of that, my 5 strands a day has turned into 5 strands 6 days of the week.  And the reality is a day of rest from something is not a bad idea.  This week I finished 3 little projects and started a larger project.

This is where I was at the end of last week. One finish and a couple really good starts.



YAY! The ball is rolling!   This is the little heart I had started last week. It is so stinking cute! I don't a have a frame for it yet, but I have put a couple on my wishlist.  It is the only project which is truly finished.  It just needs a home.


Also finished is this little sewing machine motif. It will be the cover of a needlebook later. It was a quick little stitch, and I may make more next year to gift to crafty friends.


And the bottomless pile is changing! The little Mrs. stitch project is done, but it needs to pressed and cut to its finished size.  And the new project to work on is a mistletoe piece that I want to frame in a serving tray. It's a beautiful design from an older CrossStitcher magazine.  It will fit in with my preferred decor perfectly!


So for the upcoming week, the mistletoe will be the go to project.  I have stuck some little Christmas tags in the car to work on when I am waiting for kids and DH. I am not sure I am going to make as big of a dent in the project pile as I wanted.  But progress is progress, and I think I may make stitching part of my daily to-do's. Not 5 strands worth, there are days when I am up til midnight working on them. What's a challenge without a little pain and misery?  But maybe 2.  Now, off to work on today's stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment