Thursday, February 2, 2012

January is over!!!

It is so weird that the first month of the new year is gone already.  I feel like every year goes by faster and faster as I get older.  Maybe it's just all the stuff we try to cram in to the year.  There isn't time to enjoy any of it, just enough time to get on to the next thing.  At least I got some stuff done in January. The pile of brush debris in my back yard is gone. (YAY!!)  It would be better if there was grass out there, all but a little tiny square was paved over at some point in the house's past.  YUCK! 

I also got 28 things finished for the 2012 OPAM.  Plus a couple of wood projects that were haunting me over the last year.  I still have a lot to work on though.  I really like mixing the smaller projects with larger, more time consuming ones.  The sense of finishing is so important to continuing.  Go figure.

I have no idea what I will do when I get some these bigger projects done.  It will be hard not to jump in to MORE, BIGGER projects.  I have a couple of ideas, but not sure I have the stamina to really dig in to them.  Right now it is "just keep sewing, just keep sewing" in my head. 

The sun has come out, so my brain is wandering into garden mode.  Last year was our first year, and I'd say it was successful.  This year we are going to try and get another bed built in the back non-yard, and maybe add some more veggies.  Last year, the kids planted carrots 10 to a seed hole.  They were very artsy carrots.  Definitely need to spread those out some more.   And I really want to get some of the other yard and house projects done. We'll see. The Mr.'s work schedule is anything but regular, and sometimes I get stuck trying to do some of these by myself.  And the look he gets on his face is priceless when he comes home in the middle of something.  (The best was when I ripped out the nasty drywall in the bathroom.)  They say marriage is a sanctifying experience.  I can see why! LOL









No comments:

Post a Comment