Monday, February 13, 2012

I miss my sewing machine!!

But that is OK because I am done with the non-sewing projects.  I enjoy doing other things as well, but sewing is my FAVORITE way to spend the day.  With Tuesday being Valentine's Day, it was time to fill the teacher baskets from last week and finish up the kids' class treats, as well as using the basket scraps for SOMETHING for the school.  We have a budget at school for teacher appreciation, so in getting reimbursed, I felt very strongly about using the scraps for the benefit if that school.  And some of the scraps were pretty big.


The "bouquets" are paper flowers with a fabric heart coming up out of the middle.  For the flowers, I used whatever was handy.  Newsprint, scrapbook paper, and brown paper bags, all sprayed liberally with some Smooch glimmer spray.  The "vase" is a soup can washed, spray painted, and decorated til I ran out of stuff to decorate them with.  Tags, die cuts, stickers, whatever.  I got 18 of these done, one of which I gave to the school secretary, because she is awesome, and the rest will got to the hot lunch ladies to decorate for holidays.

I found the idea for the class treats in the last issue of Crafts 'n Things magazine.  They are cardboard tubes cut down, painted, and embellished.  S2 chose a Japanese newspaper to wrap around them, and found some chipboard hearts that he had me cover in glitter glue.  They came out pretty cute! Cheap (which is import when you are doing 50 of something), simple, and he got to participate in the designing. D2 just went long with whatever her brother decided.

We have a bunch of functions coming up and I have no idea what I need to do for them just yet.  So in the meantime, I am going to run and get some quality time in at the sewing machine before I get another to-do added to the list! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment