Tuesday, February 21, 2012

WOW!! February is almost gone!!!!

And I haven't gotten ANYTHING on my to do list done!!! Too many other "little" things got in the way.  Last week was Valentines, then we headed right into party planning and a Cub Scout Blue and Gold.  It isn't like I didn't get anything done AT ALL, just not the things I needed to finish for my sanity.  We had a good week, and the Blue & Golds are nice because the little men (usually) have earned their rank patches by then.  But.....it also means when you have those last three little achievements to finish, they get moved to the top of the to-do list! 

I did get one project (mostly) finished. Beware the glare! I could not get a good angle for these guys no matter what I did. 


These are magnets I made using old Maya Road and Prima embellishment tins. I cut the patterned paper to fit the bottom, glued it in, and then added some little somethings that I had in the crafting supply boxes. I did E6000 the lids on, and used self adhesive magnet strips on the back.  My 2 favorites are the red butterfly and the top blue butterfly.  It was one of those things that I had in the back of my mind for while, but just never took the time to do.  The tins were too cute to just throw away, but I am REALLY TRYING HARD not to hang on to every little thing. I thought I was done, and then found 4 more little tins to do up. LOL, a crafter's job is never done! These are another little something that will be donated to the school bazaar in November. Too bad they don't count for OPAM, though. I haven't gotten anything done for that in 2 weeks!

Next I have added a rather over the top, "what am I thinking" goal.  The following picture is my scrap stash:


These are just the little bits. No fat quarters, nothing bigger than 6x6. Just bits & skinny strips. Yeah....it's time to do something with these.  So, I have decided to see how many star blocks I can get out of this bin. I picked up the latest issue of McCall's quilting, and there is a lovely scrappy star quilt in it.  The finished size of the blocks I am starting with are 6 inches. I don't know if I want to do the larger 12 inch blocks yet. That decision isn't on the horizon at this point. I may have enough little ones coming out of this bucket o' scraps.  With 4 kids, and holidays, and various school projects, I know there is quite the variety of fabric choices.  I may go semi-planned with this, and then just do a few with whatever I grab.   The pieces that are too small to use in the star blocks, I'll probably build into crumb blocks such as what Bonnie Hunter at quiltville.com does.  They are fun when you just need some quality time with the sewing machine.  I hope to get at least 2 a week done.  Who knows, maybe the Mr. will let me buy something fun if I can get these done! 

Now I had better get to work if I plan on having any OPAM projects finished this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment