Monday, May 7, 2012

FINALLY!!!

After a year and a half, this little guy is FINISHED!!!!! I finished it him at 10:00 the other night, and presented him the proud owner on his way to bed.  I have a very happy S2 right now!

The pattern is from a back issue of the UK's Simply Knitting, which is my favorite knitting magazine.  And my kids have a thing for Alan Dart patterns (which is why I was knitting this little guy).  I've never done a 3-d knit object before, unless you count wrist warmers.  And you can see on his left arm where I eventually (sort of) got the hang of a mattress stitch.  But, his proud owner is so pleased with him, that S2 tried sneaking it to school. Oh. No. You are not!  Too much work for this to be out on the playground!

We also got some more onions planted, red and white this time.  And eventually I am hoping that the tomatoes will get some starts.  Then I shall be done planting for this year.  Unless my DH gets the other garden bed replaced, but his honey-do list is pretty long right now.  For now, I am off to play with my sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment