Monday, May 14, 2012

We have SUN!!!!!

So I only finished one "inside" project this week.  I knew if I stayed inside the sun would go away and I would never get any outside stuff done.  So my lone indoor project is a cowl for D1.

Ooh, this was nice yarn to work with! A silk/bamboo blend.  And real wood buttons.  She hasn't seen it yet, it'll be a surprise the next time she is up from her mom's.  I am pretty sure I will never use this pattern again. It is lovely, but I have a fondness for simplicity, and this had a 3 different stitch patterns 5 areas. Yeah, if anyone wants this pattern, let me know.  I'll mail it.

Because it was so sunny and warm, we made progress in the backyard.  When we first bought our house, the ivy behind the garages COVERED them. I wish had pictures so I could actually see the difference.  The fact that I can now walk behind the garages is a victory.  Over the 4 or 5 years we've lived here, I have gone on crazy insane kill the ivy sprees.  Over the course of this last weekend, the backyard went form this:


 to this:


 There is still tons of work to do, including painting and replacing the chain link with something not ugly. Both neighbors have dogs, so tearing it out before I have something to put up isn't an option.  I will say pulling out the stupid privacy slats made a huge improvement.  Weeds love dark, warm, and wet.  So all the sun they got yesterday started killing them off before we started weeding.  YAY!! Less work for me!!

And DH brought home a present for me.  A supermarket display shelf that the store manager was going to throw away.  Please ignore the mess of my garage.  We are slowly getting it cleaned out.  I am not sure what they used it for,  he even scored a lcd picture viewer that he has loaded with his photo references for drawing.  I really WANTED to be mad at him for bring home another "thing", but this has so much potential, I just could not summon any of my usual "you brought home what?!?" indignation.  I am really hoping to get to play with it this week, I have 100 ideas of what to do with it, but I need to start with covering/removing that branding and logos.


Well, there's an information overload, and the sun is here again today, so I am off to go do something not in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment