Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 is here!!!

Well, I didn't get anything done over the weekend.  I did spend a bit of time getting things "in order" around the house.  Mostly involving fabric.  With all the holiday events, I just did not want to take anything on.  I did, however, decide to purge the fabric stash.  I realized how much had been hanging around since S1 was an infant.  Time for it to go!!  I found an entire box worth of pink!  No one in our house likes pink!  But it had been picked up for various projects and gifts over the years and just accumulated!  I also had an entire box of green and another of blue, but everyone in my house likes those!  So they get rotated through pretty quick! I have a gazillion little squares cut for some 6.5" sawtooth stars, over 400 squares cut for mosaic blocks. I also dug out some scrap quilt patterns that I love so I could pretend I was working on something.  I even dug out the pattern for the little bitty 3" sawtooth starts to usethe left little left over squares in. 
 
Somebody did decide to help with the sorting!  

 Every time I got up, there he was!  I think I spent as much time shooing him away as I did deciding"do I really like that?"

My total for this year's OPAM is 149 finishes.  DH hasn't quite realized the difference it has made in the house, but he WANTS me to do it again this year.  So he saw something good come of it!  Now I am off to sort some more fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment