Thursday, January 10, 2013

Well, the kids are back in school after the Christmas break, and it has taken me almost all of these week to get the house back into a routine.  I did finish 2 projects, one of which I did with D2.  I'll have to post a picture next week since she has already had to send it through the laundry.  She had to sew a simple garment for her American Heritage Girls badge, and I forgot that "simple" to me is not necessarily "simple" to someone who hasn't sewn before.  So we wound up sharing the project.  I did discover the joy of my ruffler, after about 3 hours of figuring it out.  

These are the coasters I made.

The yarn and pattern was a kit, but I added the wool felt to make them a bit sturdier.  With kids and cats, pretty and delicate does not last long!  It was also a great way to use a project that didn't quite work out!

I also found the scrappy stars that I had started last year.  Wow, that was a big stack! 33 were done!  I had gotten side tracked by life and had "put them away" (aka- lost them in a pile that got moved to somewhere else in the house!)  With them I found the pieces for more, so I may actually get a quilt or two out of it. I am going to recommit myself to making 2 a week.  I think they'll live on the coffee table where I will see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment