Monday, February 11, 2013

a before photo

So last week was pretty good on the needlework front, although I still haven't gotten any sewing done.  I am hoping that changes soon.  My "sewing room" is the dining room table, so every time some one needs the table, I clear it off.  It has gotten to the point I just haven't bothered setting it up.

I did finish my wrist warmers, as well as 3 dishclothes.  I found a huge stash of cotton yarn from a bath mat project years ago.  So many years in fact that I need to make another one, as that one is falling apart.  I have no photos because I still haven't had time to run to the store to get new batteries.

I did manage to squeeze one last photo off of the back yard project.  Here is a before photo. UGLY!!

I had no idea that the fence was doing such a poor job of holding the dirt in.  It was worse than I remembered.  This is one of those little corners of the yard that gets neglected.  It never needs mown, The dirt is so poor the moss doesn't grow, it's between the fence and the garbage can spot, so it just "is".  After pricing the cement block, the price tag was $600.  DH had a few choice words to say  about that!  So to compromise, the fence stays for 1 year, we'll use a wood bed he built me (you can see the corner of it on the right side of the photo).  even with the empty bed there, it looks better! However, he has to put aside some money every month so that we can get the blocks next February.  I'm not sure how I feel about a two year project being one birthday present.  But I suppose it is better than the dump run I wanted last year for my birthday. 

If I get batteries in the near future I'll update this post with photos.  Heaven knows text is so boring.  I see why they made the Illuminated manuscripts.  It broke the monotony of writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment