Monday, March 11, 2013

a double Birthday present

The other week I had my birthday, and one of the gifts I received was a new skirt pattern and the fabric for it in my favorite color.  Which is like getting 2 presents!  One to sew and one to wear!  I finished it Friday and found all the threads on Saturday so it was ready on Sunday for church.  


I'm usually a straight cotton girl when it comes to sewing, but this brocade was fun, and surprisingly easy to work with. 

I also stitched up a little something for DH after he came back from the Emerald City Comic Con.


Yep. A little stick of dynamite.  This is a reference to the comic he draws, written by a gentleman in Kansas. The tag line is "secrets! science! dynamite!."  So far, the whole family has enjoyed reading them as they've been finished.  One of the teachers at school has bought each issue for her husband, as well as sharing them with the class. 

And, I actually got some of the scrappy stars done last week! I need to 16 to be where I wanted to be, but since this is just something for me to do to use the scraps, I'm not too worried.


And since 5 is a rather large chunk of 16, it's all good.  I don't know why, as much as I'm not big on pink, I like pink in quilts.  There are a couple of groups of youth from church heading off on adventures this summer.  One to BSA's National Jamboree and another to a mission trip in the Philippines.  I'd love to a quilt for each as a raffle item.  I think these stars would be perfect.  We'll see how much I get done and when they need the money.

In the near future, I'd like to get an I Spy pattern and use up some of the novelty fabrics I have laying around.  There's one I saw last year that I really loved, and now I can't find it.  And of course, I didn't write down who designed it or the name of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment