Monday, March 18, 2013

I am so close to finishing!!!!!

I didn't finish anything last week, but that it so okay right now!  I had started knitting a sweater when S2 was in kindergarten.  I would work on it, put it away, and get distracted by life.  And few months later, the cycle would repeat.  So this year, I committed myself to finish it!!  And here we are. 6 rows and some making up to do and then it is done!!!! The down side about it taking so long is that it may be going to D2.  It seems like it might still fit me, but it's rather touch and go.  I won't know for sure until it is done, and it is on me.  If it is too small, it's one of those painful "if only it had another inch" kinds of too small!  And this is probably why my DH is so supportive of my participating in OPAM.

I also found out that the ladies group at our church would sponsor raffles if I did the quilts.  So now I need to get those done!  All I really need is backing, batting, and time.  It looks like I have until the end of April to finish, but we'll see. 

This week I am hoping to get 5 sticks of dynamite done, but I am waiting for my replacement cutting mat to get here.  My old one finally died. But since was close to ten years old, it was only a matter of time. I am looking forward to another 10 years of sewing when the new gets here.  And I WILL be finishing the sweater.  And I am already looking for my next knitting pattern.  It may be wise to spend some time outside working the garden as well, but it is rather windy today.  I'll check the weather for tomorrow and go from there.  I know we have more blackberries to dig up, as well as a couple rows of planting to do. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Danielle! Hope your week is going well and that you're finding time to create. Thanks for popping in to wish me a happy birthday ... I've been well and truly showered with blessings from my blogging buddies, which almost makes it worth turning a year older! Tee! Hee! Hee! Happy stitching - Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete