Monday, May 13, 2013

Another down, 1 more to go!

So 2 years ago I started quilts for all the kids' beds.  They were simple squares, with fabrics picked out by the kids.  Last January, I think, I finally got S1's finished, and last spring I got D1's finished. Last week I got D2's finished! YAY!  S2 is very happy since his is next.  I just hope it doesn't take another 6 months!  I went in birth order to finish them, since for awhile I was afraid the oldest would be out of the house and married before I finished his!  So here is D2's finished bed quilt.  She informed me it is her favorite blankie ever.

Some of the fabrics I had split up between both of the girls' quilts, so their room will have a unified look, without everything being identical. So now I just need them to get a properly made bed in the morning!

Wednesday was a themed dress day at school.  The theme was Dr. Seuss.  One child was a Star-belly Sneetch.  The only easier Dr. Seuss theme costume is a Plain-belly Sneetch.  One yellow t-shirt, one green fabric marker, and ta-da!!! Star-belly Sneetch!  The Sneetches is my favorite Dr. Seuss book ever!  However, what Dr, Suess day is complete without Green Eggs & Ham?  So S2 was Sam-A-Am.  With a red Sam-I-Am hat crochet in less then 6 hours the night before. 


I told DH I think I know how to crochet.  He said "no kidding!  When did you figure that out?" My response was "when I just finished a hat with no pattern AND it looks and fits the way it is supposed too?"  S2 was quite happy with it, and my MIL wants one! 

The only other project i finished was a sewing machine cover.  I had been looking online for patterns, and just didn't see any that grabbed me.  So many of them were a little overdone.  Pretty, but not something I would want to put to work.  So this is what I came up with instead.


DH bought me all the fabrics because they were sewing themed, and I like to sew.  And even though I am not a big yellow fan, I think it works amazing as the binding for this. 

This week I am determined to finish the bathmat, as well as a couple of projects from magazines I've been hoarding for "someday, when I have time."  Well, I don't really want to plan on doing things later right now, so much as just getting them done.  We'll see how that works out.


No comments:

Post a Comment