Monday, May 20, 2013

Just little bit done this week!

Well I did it!  I finished the bathmat!  It was one of those projects that keep growing.  It was originally supposed to be 20 inches by 27 inches, and somewhere I got it 23 inches by 30 inches.  The upside is that every 2 rows equaled 1 inch.  The downside is I ran out of yarn.  About halfway through, I had to get 2 new cones of yarn and there is a nice line where the old yarn ran out!

But it feels so good under our feet, no one actually cares what it looks like! I'll make another with this pattern for when this one starts to wear out. 

I also finished a 4th of July/Memorial Day bunting for the kids' school auction.


I have no idea how much it went for.  I'm not sure how much I care.  I am glad the auction is over.  There is a lot of time and effort put into it, and this year seems to have gone rather well. 

This week I have no major plans.  I am making an apron from Edwardian/Victorian pattern set. I'm not sure which era it would be from.   I just know it goes almost to my ankles and will be very handy when I am canning this year.  I spent quite a bit of time picking a fabric that would "still be pretty with coffee and jam stains on it."  DH thought I was nuts, but the kids understood!

No comments:

Post a Comment