Saturday, June 1, 2013

I LOVE this apron!!

So I made my apron last week, and have pretty much lived in it when we're home.  Here's the photo from Monday.



Even if it is for working in, it still needs something pretty about it!  So I added some crochet trim to the pockets.  They may only last a few months, but that's fine.  I'll just add something else to replace them!


 And it is so long!!!  It was great for baking cookies in.  The flour blends right in with the pattern!  The kids think it's funny when I'm in the kitchen or garden with this "pretty" work apron and they see my airwalks or romeos peeking out the bottom.  They burst into a chorus of "it doesn't go together!!! Please don't pick us up in that!!!" But I think the girls are almost to the point of wanting me to them one!  They like the "all the dirt goes away when you take it off" approach. Which was the whole point.  More more shedding threads and bits of fabric when I run errands!

The pattern was one of the Making History line I found at Joanns.  There's a pajama pattern that is now in the "someday I'll get it done pile"


Sharing this at Shabby Art Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment