Monday, January 13, 2014

Bleh!

 I hate being sick, and after the last two weeks, I should be healthy for at least 6 months!  A constant fever with body aches like I haven't had since I was in basic training!  I am blessed to have wonderful friends, though!  I had hunkered down on the sofa for a few days and made the kids and DH answer the phone.  One call was a friend who asked if it was alright to drop some stuff off.  The kids said sure.  In came a HUGE box of fabric and a HUGE box of yarn.



This most of the acrylic.  It is piled so deep!  And I have to be honest, I buried the colors I loved so the kids wouldn't claim them!

This is the box of cottons. I think there should be plenty of dish clothes for the bazaar in November.  In fact, since I was laying on the sofa watching LotR for the millionth time, when I was n't dozing off....




...I made some up!! Seven dish clothes ready for bazaar.  In 11 months, I will really glad I had these done early!   I love the candy colors, but I think I'll keep some of the dark blue.  And if there are any colors D1 & D2 for their hope chests, those will move to the keep pile.




And for my big finish.....


...a quilt!  This one drove me nuts.  Not the quilt itself, just the timing.  I think I should never attempt a project of this scale (umm, really anything bigger then a dishcloth) in the holiday season.  And stitching the binding while I was sick didn't work either.  I would fall asleep and drop the needle.  But at least I was UNDER the quilt while I stitched the binding!! :)

Also, in my internet surfing, I found this: 
http://sugarlanequilts.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/birthday-love-stash-sign-ups-and-pledge.html
While I was in the midst of thinking about how to get birthday present done.  So I have signed up for that as well.  And while I have a half-finished list of birthday projects already, she posts some gorgeous ideas and inspiration!  I think I am half way through my first project.  I just need to finish the top (the scary part) and do the details. My first BLS project will be, I hope , if I don't mess it up to badly, and small stuffed TARDIS.  I think I spelled it right that time.  By special request from the youngest Dr. WHO fan in the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment