Monday, January 20, 2014

I might be making up for lost time...

Well, now that I'm feeling better, I think I may be making up for lost time!  This last week was busy, and not just at the sewing machine. And OPAM 2014 sign ups have started.  I have already emailed the hostesses, who do such an amazing job!!!  I love OPAM!! You can read all about it Tag Along Teddies!

 First off, I made some lanyards for keys and scissors.






I had a lanyard from the kids' school, but since I am not what you would call a "team player," I wanted something a little less about the "team" and little more me.  Not that I don't believe in teamwork, just that I am not all about the "team."  It really doesn't matter what team we are talking about at that point.  Anyways, I got a little carried away, and instead of two, I made six.  One for me, one for D2, and one for my embroidery scissors.  The others will go into a gift stash.

And I made up some dishcloths!  Surprise, surprise.  They really are great little take along projects, and that's what I've been doing.  I'll be keeping some of the red and blue, since they match my kitchen.  I'm even going to wrap them up prettily before storing them, so it feels like I've been out shopping when it's time to replace the old ones!


And I started a new scrap project!  This may have been stupid.




 I pulled all the yellow and blue fabrics and dumped them in their own bin.  I was surprised at how much yellow there was, since it isn't a color I usually choose.


Some of them have never been touched!  Just picked up for some project or another and then not needed!  There were a lot of "E scraps", blues bought for projects for my bestest-friend.  Her color preferences are so opposite mine!  Which makes it so much fun to sew for her!  I never feel guilty about cutting the fabric up, and she loves the end results!!



So here are the pieces I have already cut for thimble quilts.  I started with 5.5", and when fabric got too small for those, I got the 4.5" template out!  I think I'm doing some 60"x60" quilts with them.


This week, I am hoping to find my BLS crochet project.  I have no idea where it went to, and I have been tearing the house apart looking for it.  Not good for my peace of mind.  I'm also going to cut out the remaining 60 pieces for the large thimble quilt, and maybe start piecing it.  I'll finish cutting out the 4.5" thimbles later.  I only started now so I would have to get fabric out twice.  I'm going to need another color combination to sort out, and I have no idea what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment