Friday, June 6, 2014

My favorite vase

 Somewhere this spring, I discovered I *like* flowers in the house.  Not that I didn't before, I just never thought about it.  So, whenever I finish the grocery shopping, I try to pick up a small bouquet of flowers.  I'd rather just cut some out of the yard, but we don't have flowers in the yard. Yet.  So this week, DH and I had to stop at the store to pick something up for dinner after a crazy day.  And he asks me if I've bought any flowers lately. I told him no, it wasn't in the budget. So, he bought me a some of the big daisies I love!


Well, the previous bouquets I had bought were way too big for this vase.  But the daisies were perfect!  I may have to plant some for next year!  The thing I love about this vase is that it isn't a vase, of course.  It's century old milk bottle! The amount of milk would not have lasted long in our house.  They must have gotten several a day.


The only thing is I don't know how to read the date.

Is that January 11, 1914 or November 1, 1914?  When DH saw the date, he asked where I found milk in a glass bottle in the year 2014.  I had to tell him to think about it. I wish I had taken a photo of his face the light bulb went on.   Then he thought it was even cooler.  Though he would apparently be ok with me buying milk in glass bottles. 

Sharing this at Shabby Art Boutique's Shabbilicious Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment