Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer break has started!

And I am all sorts of confuzled!  But I did get a few things done last week.  First off, a few more dish clothes.  I really like the red and white, but it makes me think of Christmas!  I love these fill little bits of spare time, and I may get a ball of yarn to keep in my purse or in the car.


THIS!!!!!!


This is the big super secret project I have been working on!   A couple weeks ago I had posted some fabric chosen for a special surprise.  You can find it here.  Well, the big day came and went.  Our beloved teacher has retired! As her big retirement surprise, we made a quilt for her.  The kids in D2's class did a skit about an infamous quilt not finished by a specific lady's 16th birthday.  Nor her 18th, and not her wedding.

I'm not sure I ever heard so much laughter at an awards assembly!

The skit ended with the students presenting this beloved teacher with her quilt.
She is now retired, and the infamous quilt top is still not finished! 

However she now as a quilt that is hers!  And if she can get her unfinished quilt top from her mother, we have volunteered to finish it so she can least enjoy the memories associated with it.

I am not sure I have ever completed a project that brought so much out of so many people.  Between the giggling kids and the laughter (and some tears) from the grown ups, I realized THIS is why I love sewing.  

And to Mrs. H- for all the years you've put into our children, THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment